The Wrap Up
Well, we've come to the end of Sew Organized 2012. So far this week we've
- identified our biggest problem area
- de-cluttered by donating some items, trashing others and keeping the best for ourselves
- sorted the keepers into like groups
- found containers to organize the keepers by recycling, re-purposing and purchasing
But I must tell you that organizing is never done. It is kinda like doing the dishes or the laundry. You must keep on top of it or chaos will reign.
I've shared some of my favorite items to re-purpose and recycle and now I want to share some of what I do to keep the studio from getting out of hand.
- put tools away at the end of each day
- clean the floors daily
- put projects together in a laundry basket
- lay out project for the next day
- make sure the cutting table is cleaned and ready to go for the next morning
Taking the time to create some daily organizing rituals for yourself goes a long way in helping you keep the studio in an organized state. And if things start to get out of hand you know exactly what to do to whip it back into shape.
I hope you have enjoyed this short organizing series. To help you stay organized I will be posting more organizing tips throughout the year.
I leave you with this collage photo of some of my favorite organizing from my studio.